You are the people who inspire others to see the vision, get results and lift their heads above their PC screens to glimpse the future and understand their part in it. It’s a big job made even bigger when you factor in the expectation that you will be a brilliant manager and do a job of your own too. You also need to create the kind of environment that gets your team skipping to work every day, and adding value.
We understand these challenges. We’ve been there, we’ve seen others there and we’ve built our approach to management and leadership development to respond to real needs that help leaders and managers get results and be more than just a higher paid member of the team. We expose you to the skills and knowledge that ensure people know why you’re there and miss you when you’re not.
We are also on hand to facilitate meetings, away days, conferences and development sessions. We work together with you to ensure those crucial events achieve what you want them to and we make suggestions to ensure the agendas are alive, engaging and relevant..
New to management
You’re a new manager and you need to know the essentials: key skills, techniques and practices that tell you what to do, when to do it and how to make it happen so you are effective as a manager. You don’t need theories you can’t relate to or techniques you can’t try.
We respond by designing and delivering energetic workshops in modular format so you can learn with colleagues in the same position as you. They are focussed sessions that allow you to ask questions, practise skills and go back to the team with the confidence and knowledge of what being a manager really means. And for that extra shine, we can offer performance coaching with a skilled professional who can give their full attention to you honing your skills.
- The difference between leading and managing and what you need to do when
- The mind-set that will help you built a motivating, high performance environment
- An understanding of the cycle of performance management and your roles and responsibilities at each stage
- The fundamentals of recruiting and selecting staff
- Ways to communicate well with individuals and the team
- Key skills you need early on like planning and prioritising, decision making, delegating and giving and receiving feedback constructively
- Know when to use your management skills and when to use your leadership skills
- Recruit the right people for your team
- Encourage support and challenge in the team
- Lead meetings, updates and one to ones in a way that makes them valuable, punchy and motivating
- Know when you need to support and when you need to direct people
- Make decisions knowing when and how to involve others
- Use delegation of tasks as both a time efficient process and a way of growing skills in the team
- Give and receive feedback in a way that makes it useful and helps everyone grow
- Increased performance from well managed people
- Engaged people motivated from within and ready to develop even further
- The next generation of middle managers identified and nurtured
You’ve been doing it for a while and you’ve sorted the basics. You’re grappling with the joy and pain of being a buffer between your team and the layer above you. You need to develop your skills to a more sophisticated level and you need to discuss challenges with likeminded individuals.
We respond with development workshops that allow you to explore issues at a deeper level and take part in action learning sets, facilitated by us, where you can bring a current challenge to the group and work with others to resolve it.
- The performance management cycle in more detail
- Good practice in recruiting staff
- Ways to deal with a range of issues around low, satisfactory and high performance situations
- How to manage conflict and conduct difficult conversations
- Ways to develop the team and keep them interested and productive
- Strategies to help your team navigate change
- Ways to take your management approach from transactional to transformational
- Provide the right input at every stage of the employee journey from recruitment, through induction, to the first 3 months and beyond
- Spot opportunities where you can improve performance and develop people
- Deal with conflict assertively and intelligently and maintain long term relationships
- Say what needs to be said in a difficult conversation with honesty and respect
- Create a motivational team environment
- Spot occasions where a team member might need a bit more support from you
- Lead change bravely
- Understand the basics of coaching as a management tool
- Start to develop a coaching style of management
- Skilful fully rounded managers that produce excellent results
- The next generation of leaders identified and nurtured
- Self-determined managers handling challenging situations to increase performance
Gain a deep insight into yourself and your colleagues. Uncover meaning in preferences and behaviour. Learn to adapt and connect with others to create strong and effective relationships.Learn More