Self-awareness is the new black
It has been said that 87% of all problems at work can be traced back to something interpersonal. Two key people in the team who need to work together and who don’t get on, a colleague who can’t take criticism, a customer who is co-operative at one meeting and obstructive at the next. These are the kinds of situations that keep people up at night. Interactions with the boss, customers, stakeholders and colleagues can hold the key to success or create deadlocks that lose business, damage credibility and make the working day miserable.
Once it was enough to hone technical skills. Now everyone needs to develop themselves and their skills in relating to others if they are to be successful in a range of situations.
Sharpstone Skinner knows that the secret of success in relationships is first to understand self, then understand others and finally work out how and when to adapt to better meet the needs of key people at work.
We use a behavioural model called Insights to help us help others to be more effective in their dealings with people. Based solidly upon the work of psychologist Carl Jung, the Insights model uses four colours to represent different types of work behaviour: Fiery Red, Sunshine Yellow, Earth Green and Cool Blue. Each person has a unique blend of these colours and they help to explain their own style, their strengths and weaknesses, endearing little foibles and irritating bad habits. Through a detailed and practical personal profile, leaders, teams and individuals can learn more about themselves and can gain a competitive edge by learning to be that little bit better at all things people related.
- Leadership Development with Insights
- Team Development with Insights
- Individual coaching and mentoring with Insights
How does our work with Insights help people improve? They get better at:
- Understanding themselves so they can maximise strengths and minimise nasty habits
- Understanding others and how they can better meet their needs
- Developing better relationships with key colleagues, clients, partners and sponsors
- Moving seamlessly within teams, establishing their credibility and people skills
- Transforming the way they do business and maintain key relationships